The virus has surely taken over the world, but what is worse is the fear that most of us have started living with. There are thousands of rumors that are spreading massively about Coronavirus on social media which has created myths. According to the doctors and the scientists, the illness is most likely transmitted by droplets from an infected person’s sneeze or cough, but more information is emerging daily.
Anyone can catch this virus. But the effect it will have on you, and how seriously ill you might become, can be dependent on several other factors. Older people and anyone with pre-existing medical conditions, like asthma, diabetes or heart disease, appear to be more vulnerable to becoming severely ill with the Coronavirus, according to the WHO.
The good news for all the Indians is that the first three reported cases of Coronavirus in Kerala have been successfully cured and all the three patients are discharged now.
Since yesterday directions have also been issued for Universal Screening for all international passengers coming into the country” said Harsh Vardhan, health minister on 4th march on Twitter.
FACTS ABOUT THE VIRUS:
- You can get Coronavirus only if you come in contact with the infected and if that person sneezes/coughs around you. Hence, a mask may help when you are in public places as the virus can only enter your body through nose/mouth/eyes.
- It is advisable you keep hand sanitizer with you and use it before you touch your hand to your nose/mouth/eyes.
- 97% of people who get Coronavirus are recovering. It depends on your immunity.
- Most of the deaths reported around the world due to coronavirus are of old people, who lack immunity.
- If you get a fever/cough/difficulty in breathing, don’t panic and visit a doctor asap.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing; going to the bathroom; and before eating or preparing food.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
The rate of the deaths from the cases is decreasing everyday, and there is scope for proper vaccination to come in place for protection from virus. We, are hoping that soon the world will be cured of this deadly disease, till then take proper precautions and don’t panic; follow only verified content from news website.