How is it that you can make your special days fun in this extremely boorish Quarantine?
For the starters, you must bake a special treat to cherish with your fam. No celebration is complete without a big dessert and some cute birthday party decorations. Here, in this blog we are going to tell you the steps to bake a wonderful chocolate cake at home.
The first and the most important thing is to gather all the important ingredients. To bake a chocolate cake you’ll need the following :
- butter and flour for coating and dusting the cake pan
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Incase you want to bake an eggless cake, you can use any of these easily home found substitutes:
- 1/4 cup of plain yogurt per egg
- 1 tablespoon vinegar+ 1 teaspoon baking powder whisked together per egg
- 1/4 cup mashed banana per egg
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce per egg
The following points describe the process to bake this amazingly yummy cake.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Preheating is a method where you leave the oven or your microwave on for 10-15 mins.
- Butter the baking dish nicely. Dust with flour and tap out the excess.
- Mix together all the ingredients you have gathered. Put together flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a bowl with the help of a blender or a mixer using a low speed until combined.
- Mix it all well and make sure there are no lumps in the batter.
- Add eggs, buttermilk, warm water, oil, and vanilla. Beat the batter on a medium speed until smooth. This should take just a couple of minutes.
- Divide batter in a baking dish evenly and flatter it by thumping it on the slab.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until the cake fluffs up. To check if it’s fully baked you can insert a toothpick into the centre, it isn’t cooked completely until it comes out clean.
- Once the cake is cooked, cool the cake for 15 minutes and then turn out the cake onto a dish and allow to cool completely.
- You can do a frosting if you wish to or enjoy it as it is. Soft and mouth melting.
A yummy cake a day can fix everything. Bake your delight with your loved ones and have a good time celebrating your special days. Send us your pictures of all your baking efforts. You can drop in your doubts in our inbox or the comment section, we will try to cater to all of them. We hope it tastes super yummy and your big day turns out to be even more bigger with this delightful receive of the cake.
We @VenueMonk want you all to be safe, so stay home and celebrate with your family. All days are worth celebrating, so go ahead and have a baking quarantine.